Is there such a thing as a holiday weight loss tip that really works?
Affiliate links may have been used in this post.
The average person gains about 5 lbs during the holiday season. That doesn’t seem so harsh until January comes around and you can’t seem to button your pants.
It will be much easier to reach your 2014 weight loss goal if you don’t gain those extra holiday pounds. Trust me, I seem to always meet the extra unwanted holiday pounds.
However, this year I am going to follow these simple holiday weight loss tips to avoid those extra pounds that I tend to put on at holiday gatherings.
- Never arrive at your destination hungry. Eat a small healthy snack before you go.
- Always use the smallest plate available. You can out smart the buffet.
- Choose your portion size wisely. You can always go back for more if you are still hungry. More than likely, you won’t be.
- Always drink a glass of water before eating. Skipping the alcohol intake is best or try sticking to a glass of dry red wine.
- Try to avoid all the dips and sauces. Fill up on nuts, veggies, cheese, and fruit first.
- Avoid eating high fats with high carbs. This has really helped me with weight loss.
You can also watch your weight loss this holiday season by visiting this list of low carb slow cooker recipes.
Have you downloaded our FREE Menu Plan for this month consisting of all slow cooker meals with recipe links yet?
Which holiday weight loss tip will be the most difficult to tackle for you?