My slow cooker is my dearest kitchen appliance. I use it daily to feed my large family. I am homeschool working mother and time management is crucial.
However, I absolutely have no excuse for not cooking on a regular basis. And either do you if you have a slow cooker. If you don’t have one, you need to buy a pretty slow cooker today.
TOP 9 Reasons You Need a Slow Cooker
- Healthy – it’s so much healthier than fried or fast food. And there are plenty of recipes that don’t call for Cream of Mushroom soup, so don’t go there! lol!
- Time Saver – slow cooking cuts my kitchen time in half. I usually throw the meal together in the morning or at lunch time.
- Cuts Grocery Budget – you can buy a less expensive piece of meat when using your slow cooker and it’s still tender. Trust me, I have 6 children and filet Mignon is never on the menu.
- So EASY – just throw it all in the slow cooker, it doesn’t get much easier. Not to mention it’s a no brainer to operate. It’s safe for my children to utilize.
- Simple to Clean – all of the new slow cookers come with a removable crock making it simple to clean or you can use these nifty slow cooker liners. They are worth it!
- Variety – don’t think for a minute you can’t make desserts or homemade bread with a slow cooker. The concoctions you can make are unmeasurable.
- Inexpensive – you can buy a slow cooker for next to nothing compared to other kitchen appliances. Start with the largest crock and work your way down in size once you get addicted.
- Less Costly Electic Bill– it cost less to heat a slow cooker than an oven. And it won’t heat your house up in the hot summer months.
- Aroma – there is nothing better than coming home to a house smelling divine when you’ve been gone all day.
Yes, I am addicted to slow cooker, and you should be, too! It’s a blessing in our home. I don’t know what I would do without it.
Oh, I guess I would be in the kitchen most of my time.
To get you started, check out the FREE monthly menu with recipe links.