Things to Make in the Slow Cooker
Slow cookers are perfect for cooking soups, stews and lots of other recipes, but do you know that you can do things other than cook in your slow cooker?
Here are 7 things you can make in your slow cooker besides food.
(Tip: Search online for the different “recipes” and full directions.)
1. Don’t buy those expensive scented candles any more. Make your own slow cooker candles.
2. You can make play dough in the slow cooker for a fun day with the kids.
3. Adding water, cinnamon and apple slices to you slow cooker and simmering on low makes an amazing potpourri.
4. Homemade soap is fun and so simple to make in your slow cooker.
5. Dye yarn in your slow cooker with Kool Aid. The colors can be mixed and you can create beautiful variations in color this way.
6. Take all of those little crayon scraps and broken pieces and melt them down in your slow cooker to make your kids brand new multi color crayons.
7. Fill a small slow cooker with water and a ¼ cup of vapor rub. Leave on low with the lid off for a DIY vaporizer. This works amazingly well and is so much cheaper than buying a vaporizer.
If you’re like me, you already adore your slow cooker. It’s a time saver and makes life so much easier. Now, you will love your slow cooker even more when you see just how versatile it really is. Try a few of these 7 things to make in a slow cooker other than food and let us know how they turned out. We would love to see your slow cooker creations!
Have you downloaded our FREE Menu Plan for this month consisting of all slow cooker meals with recipe links yet?
Do you have a slow cooker recipe that you want to be featured in our menu plan? Fill up this form.
Check out our Slow Cooker Tips